My scholarship plays an important role in my classroom, informing not only what I teach, but also how I teach it. Below I have included some samples from my recent scholarship. A complete summary can be found listed in my CV.
- "6 Reasons to Try a Single-Point Rubric." Edutopia, October 2017
- "Teaching Composition Using Transcripts." Literacy & NCTE: The official blog of the National Council of Teachers of English (with Kate Artz and Anne Mooney), October 2017.
- "More Than a Grade: Cultivating Intellectual Play in Students." Literacy & NCTE: The official blog of the National Council of Teachers of English, September 2017.
- "Transmodality in Action: A Manifesto." Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy (with Kate Artz and Anne Mooney), August 2017.
- "Making Audio Accessible: Teaching Transcription as Composition." Presented with Kate Arts and Anne Mooney at NCTE's New England Summer Conference on College Composition & Communication: Sharing Best Practices at Boston University. May 24-25, 2017.
- "Navigating the Soundscape, Composing with Audio." Scholarly webtext published in Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy (with Tanya Rodrigue, Kate Artz, Julia Bennett, M.P. Carver, Megan Grandmont, Anne Mooney, Michael Rand, Amy Zimmerman), August 2016.
- "Let's Teach, Not Police: Expanding Our Understanding of Plagiarism in Efforts to Combat It." Published in Write to Learn, Learn to Write, Spring 2016.
- Tales of a Webtext with 10 Authors: Pedagogical Affordances of Digital Collaboration Tools. Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC). April 6-9, 2016.
- Using Digital Writing Activities in the Classroom. A Salem State University Writing Intensive Curriculum Program Brown Bag Lunch Event. February 17, 2016.
- Contemporary Scheherazades: Arab Women Narrate Their War Stories. A Salem State University Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies Research Conversation. December 3, 2015.
- "Teaching Writing in the 21st Century Classroom." Published in Write to Learn, Learn to Write, Fall 2015.
- Genre Awareness Activities Booklet. Internal Salem State University Writing Intensive Curriculum Publication, Fall 2015.
- Using the Digital Writer/Reader Relationship to Teach Writing as a Social Act. Engaging Practices: A UMass Boston Conference on the Teaching of Composition. March 28, 2015.